Cleansing Negative Energies From Crystals
Many people begin their relationship with a new crystal by cleansing it first. Cleansing can also be performed at any time to refresh the crystal, clear it of any residual unwanted energies, and “re-charge” it.
These particular crystals come from the Himalayan Mountains, and hold a very ancient energy full of wisdom and history. Although they may not look as aesthetically pleasing to the eye, their powerful, complex energy is amazing, and the dirt from their environment adds to their intensity. At times you may find crystals or stones that you also feel the same way about.
There are also a few exceptions when it comes to immersing a stone in water for long periods. You should not immerse Halite in water – Halite is salt crystals, and will dissolve in water. Selenite will also degrade over a long period of time in water – it is okey to immerse it for a few hours or rinse it, but do not leave it in water for long periods. Some softer crystals and minerals are also sensitive to hot water, and can fracture. This is just one reason why it is good for you to educate yourself on the physical properties of the stones and crystals that you intend to work with.
Gems and crystals come from within Mother earth. They are alive and intelligent, having the intelligence of nature within every cell of their beings. They are mined either by hand, machine, but grow in the earth and are removed from the earth to be used for many different purposes.
When gems, crystals, or rocks of any type are in the earth, they are exposed to earth energies including magnetic energy fields and electric energy fields. These energies come in a variety of ways including the inner workings of our planet, energy grids surrounding our planet, and from energies from the broader Universe, of which our planet Earth is a very active member.
For example, when lightening strikes the earth, it sends enormous amounts of energy into the earth, and the gems, crystals and rocks within it. Think of the molten lava pouring out of active volcanoes and the energy the heat and minerals within it and how it affects the energy of things within its range of influence.
All planets, including the Sun, the Moon, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Uranus, Pluto, Saturn, and all other planets, stars, and energies in the broadest Universe influence the energy of gems and crystals.
It’s important to remember that gems and crystals are alive. To remain alive and energized once removed from within Mother Earth, gems, crystals, and objects made from elements taken from the earth, need to be cleansed and energized on a regular basis.
- Water is a universal cleanser. If you have access to the ocean, ocean water is wonderful. If not, spring water, lake water, and filtered water can also work well, as long as the water is either directly from nature or clean (filtered properly.) Some people also add salt to their water, because of its electric properties.
You can simply rinse the crystal in water, or you can follow up by placing the crystal in a clear glass filled with water. Place the glass on your windowsill, ideally facing the south, to charge in the sun.
- The Moon can also be used for cleansing and charging. Some people make a ritual of burying their crystal under a full moon, to take advantage of the magnetic forces of the moon in combination with the earth. You may also place your crystal in the direct light of the moon. Even if the day is cloudy or you cannot see the moon, their rays will energize the stones as long as they are directly exposed to these elements of nature. They will normally be cleansed within 24 hours of exposure.
Place your gems, crystals, pendulums, jewelry, all types of objects, in a place where they will be fully exposed to the energizing rays of The Sun.
However, stones such as black tourmaline which are being used to deflect negative energies or help release negative energies in your physical and energetic bodies, may require up to 48 hours to become fully cleansed and regenerated.
Stones such as aquamarine and amethyst will fade in the sun so you will have to use another method for cleansing and regenerating these gemstones.
- Place in The Earth, either directly into the earth or you can place the gems and crystals into a cloth covering, preferably a natural fabric such as cotton or wool or silk. Leave the gem or crystal buried for at least 24 hours to ensure that they become fully re-energized. If possible, find a spot where the soil is not being spread with chemicals through fertilizers or pesticides. This cleanses all negative energies and re-energizes the stones.
- Take some white Sage and begin to burn it until a good strong smoke is coming from your sage. Hold the crystal, gem, pendulum, or piece of jewelry in this smoke for at least one minute and preferably three or four minutes. This clears all negative energies that have become attached to this stone but does not energize the gem or crystal. To re-energize the stone, place it in a window so it can be exposed to the rays of the sun and moon. Remember, they re-energize even when it’s cloudy.
- Cleansing By Using Your Intention: For those who are practiced in using intent to make energetic changes, place the crystals or gems in front of you, focus your mental energies upon these stones, and ask the powers of the Universe to cleanse them of all negative energies and to re-energize your stones for their maximum potential. This method however requires much concentration and focus and you need to practice for some time to ensure whatever you are trying to clear is actually cleared. And please remember to thank the Universe for doing this beautiful work for you.